Smothered Steak With Mushroom Gravy.
You can have Smothered Steak With Mushroom Gravy using 16 ingredients and 15 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Smothered Steak With Mushroom Gravy
- It’s 1 tsp of kosher salt.
- You need 1/2 tsp of pepper.
- Prepare 3/4 cup of all-purpose flour.
- You need 2 tbsp of vegetable oil.
- It’s 6 of cubed or skirt steaks.
- You need 1 medium of onion, thinly sliced.
- You need 10 medium of sized brown button mushrooms, sliced (1cup).
- Prepare 2 tsp of minced garlic.
- Prepare 6 slice of bacon, cooked almost crisp (I use the microwave).
- You need 1/3 cup of all-purpose flour.
- It’s 1/2 cup of red wine.
- Prepare 2 cup of beef broth.
- It’s 1 can of condensed cream of mushroom soup (10 3/4 ounce).
- It’s 1/4 cup of water.
- You need 1 tbsp of butter.
- Prepare 1 of salt/ peppper, to taste.
Smothered Steak With Mushroom Gravy instructions
- Preheat oven to 350..
- For steaks, in shallow bowl, mix flour, salt, and pepper..
- Coat meat with flour mixture, shaking off excess..
- Heat oil in large skillet over medium heat..
- Add meat and cook on both sides until almost cooked through and no red juices appear. Place in oven going baking dish coated with non stick spray..
- Add the remaining oil/butter to the pan.
- Saute the onions for 5 minutes, then add mushrooms and continue sauteing for another 5 minutes..
- Add garlic and cook until fragrant..
- Add 1 tablespoons of the reserved flour, stir and cook for 2 minutes..
- Add the wine, cooking briefly and then the stock and soup. Then stir.
- Add the bacon, tarragon and pepper to taste. Cook until desired consistency.
- Heat oven to 350°F.
- Top with half the gravy. Cover with foil..
- Bake 25-30 minutes..
- Serve with remaining gravy..