Vegetarian Chili Con Carne Vegetable Chili and Rice.
You can cook Vegetarian Chili Con Carne Vegetable Chili and Rice using 14 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Vegetarian Chili Con Carne Vegetable Chili and Rice
- It’s 1 piece of Koya tofu.
- It’s 1 of packet Red kidney beans (dry pack).
- It’s 1 of Canned tomatoes.
- You need 1 of ◇Onion.
- You need 1 small of ◇Carrot.
- It’s 1 of ◇Green pepper.
- It’s 70 grams of ◇Lotus root.
- It’s 1 of to 2 tablespoons Olive oil.
- It’s 1 of ★Soup stock cube.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of ★Ketchup.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of ★Japanese worcestershire-style sauce.
- You need 2 tbsp of ★Chili powder.
- It’s 1 dash of of each ★Salt and pepper.
- Prepare 4 of servings Cooked brown rice (white rice).
Vegetarian Chili Con Carne Vegetable Chili and Rice instructions
- Soak the koya tofu in lukewarm water to rehydrate (about 3 minutes)..
- Mince the rehydrated tofu in a food processor. (If you don't have a food processor, mince with a knife)..
- Mince the ◇ vegetables in a food processor. If you use lotus root, add to the food processor at the end to roughly chop it. It's tasty when it has a crunchy texture..
- Heat the olive oil in a pan and stir-fry the ◇ ingredients. When they are wilted, add the freeze-dried tofu from Step 2, and mix lightly..
- Add the canned tomatoes, red kidney beans and ★ seasonings and mix. Simmer for about 15 minutes, and it's done..
- Pour it over warm brown rice and serve. It's also delicious with some cheese to taste..
- It's also good if you wrap it up with a tortilla. I made the tortillas using a recipe by user "Setsubun Hijiki"..