Chili Verde Soup.
You can have Chili Verde Soup using 14 ingredients and 3 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Chili Verde Soup
- It’s of boneless pork shoulder roast.
- You need of olive oil.
- It’s of 15-ounce can great northern beans or navy beans, rinsed and drained.
- It’s of fresh tomatillos, husked and coarsely chopped, or two 11-ounce cans tomatillos, rinsed, drained, and coarsely chopped.
- Prepare of chopped onion (1 medium).
- You need of 4-ounce can diced green chile peppers, undrained.
- It’s of garlic, minced.
- It’s of ground cumin.
- Prepare of salt.
- It’s of 14.5-ounce can chicken broth.
- Prepare of chopped fresh spinach leaves.
- Prepare of lime juice.
- You need of sour cream.
- Prepare of snipped fresh cilantro.
Chili Verde Soup step by step
- Trim fat from meat. Cut meat into 3/4-inch pieces. In a large skillet heat oil over medium high heat. Add meat, half at a time, and cook until browned; drain off fat. Transfer meat to a 3 1/2-or 4-quart slow cooker. Stir in beans, tomatillos, onion, chike peppers, garluc, cumin, and salt. Pour broth over mixture in cooker..
- Cover and cook on low-heat settings for 6 to 7 hours or on high setting for 3 1/2 to 4 hours..
- Stir in spinach and lime juice. If desired, top each serving with sour cream and cilantro..