crock pot steak chili. If you love the chili at Steak N Shake then you are going to LOVE our copycat recipe for Crock-Pot Copycat Steak N Shake Chili. Ground beef, beans, delicious spices and the secret ingredient…a cup of cola (Coke, Pepsi, RC cola…you choose!). You don't have to eat out when you can make this hearty.
Sprinkle the chili powder, garlic powder and cumin over the meat. Drain and rinse the cans of beans and add them to the slow cooker. Heat olive oil in a Dutch oven or large pot over medium high heat. You can cook crock pot steak chili using 10 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of crock pot steak chili
- It’s 1 1/2 lb of beef stew chunks.
- Prepare 1 can of diced tomatoes.
- You need 1 can of tomatoe sauce.
- Prepare 1 envelope of lipton beefy onion soup mix.
- It’s 2 tbsp of chili powder.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of cumin powder or seed.
- You need 1 cup of water.
- You need 1 can of white beans.
- You need 1 can of red or chili beans.
- It’s 2 cup of toppings… onions, cheese, etc..
With this Steak Chili recipe, my goal was to make things as quick and EASY as possible. Trust me, it doesn't get any easier or more delicious than this one. I recently shared a Red & Green Chili recipe that was also for the crock pot, but it did require a little bit of stove cooking first. Using steak in chili can seem like an indulgence, right?
crock pot steak chili instructions
- Stir in beef chunks..
- In crockpot, add soup mix, tomatoes and sauce, seasonings, and water. Mix well..
- Cook on low 4 hours, then add beans..
- Cook two more hours, season with salt and pepper to taste, and serve with toppings, as well as corn bread or corn chips..
If you want to use steak, I'd highly recommend a cheaper cut of steak — like Most chili recipes have kidney beans or black beans, but this crock pot chili — no beans. (In some parts of Texas putting beans in chili is frowned. This Crock Pot Chili is very simple! It does take a little bit of prep work, but it is all worth it in the end. Start by cooking your onion and garlic, then browning the ground beef. Super easy to make, and one of the best homemade chilies you will ever have.