Chilli Con Carne.
You can cook Chilli Con Carne using 15 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Chilli Con Carne
- Prepare 500 grams of Minced beef.
- Prepare 1 medium of Brown onion, chopped.
- Prepare 1 of Red capsicum, diced.
- Prepare 3 small of cloves garlic, minced.
- You need 3 medium of Tomatoes, diced.
- It’s 400 grams of Can red kidney beans, washed and drained.
- You need 400 grams of Can condensed tomato soup.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of Ground coriander.
- It’s 1 tbsp of Ground cumin.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of Sweet paprika.
- It’s 1 tbsp of Chicken stock powder.
- You need 2 tsp of Tomato paste.
- You need 1 tbsp of Dried chilli flakes.
- It’s 1 of A little vegetable oil for frying.
- Prepare 1 of Salt and pepper to taste.
Chilli Con Carne step by step
- Prep all you're veggies. Capsicum, onion and garlic together..
- Tomato, beans, soup, herbs, tomato paste, spices and stock powder together in a separate bowl..
- Now in a large heavy based pot (medium heat), add a little oil and fry capsicum, onion and garlic for around 5 minutes until onion is softened. Remove and set aside..
- Add a little more oil and fry beef mince- chopping as you cook to get rid of lumps. I use a plastic egg flip..
- When browned, return capsicum, onion and garlic- along with all other ingredients. Stir well and simmer for 30 minutes, stirring occasionally- until mixture has turned quite thick..
- Serve with rice, or guacamole, sour cream and corn chips. Some corn kernels would be nice through it. Some say you shouldn't put tomato in a chilli dish like this- they've obviously never tried it! Cracker of a dish- Enjoy!.