Healthy Bean and Tofu Chili Con Carne.
You can cook Healthy Bean and Tofu Chili Con Carne using 17 ingredients and 11 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Healthy Bean and Tofu Chili Con Carne
- You need 300 grams of Boiled beans of your choice (soy beans, kidney beans, chickpeas, green peas, etc.).
- It’s 200 grams of Firm tofu.
- Prepare 1 of to 2 tablespoons Olive oil.
- Prepare 2 clove of Garlic.
- It’s 1 medium of Onion.
- It’s 4 of Green bell pepper.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of Chili powder.
- Prepare 1 tsp of Ground cumin.
- Prepare 100 ml of ※ Water.
- It’s 1 can of ※ Canned crushed tomatoes.
- It’s 2 of leaves ※ Bay leaves.
- It’s 1 tsp of ※ Oregano (dried).
- It’s 2 tsp of ※ Soup stock granules.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of ※ Japanese Worcestershire-style sauce.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of ※ Soy sauce.
- It’s 1 of Krazy Salt (seasoned salt mix).
- Prepare 1 of Black pepper.
Healthy Bean and Tofu Chili Con Carne instructions
- Break the tofu roughly into pieces, wrap in a paper towel, and heat in the microwave for 5 minutes at 600w..
- Finely mince the garlic then mince the onion and green pepper..
- Put the tofu in a Teflon-coated pan and stir fry while breaking it up into crumbles. Fry until the liquid is gone and remove from heat..
- Using the same pan, fry the garlic in olive oil, and when it becomes fragrant, add onions and fry over low heat until soft..
- Add green peppers, Step 3, chili powder, and cumin and briskly stir-fry together in a pan..
- Add the ※ ingredients and heat over high heat until it boils, then reduce the heat to low. Continue cooking for about 15 minutes. Stir occasionally to avoid burning..
- Add beans and simmer for another 15 to 20 minutes. When the liquid disappears, add Krazy Salt and black pepper to taste..
- It's done when it looks like this. If the beans appear to be too hard, add more water and simmer..
- Although I don't make chili con carne much, green peas are tasty! Sprinkle with a bit of grated cheese for a delicious finish!.
- It also tastes good chilled. I like to eat it with brown rice. For breakfast, I spread the rest on bread for a tasty sandwich..
- Since you can also freeze this, prepare a large amount to have some for leftovers. To make a perfect snack, use it as a dip for tortilla chips!.