Easy and Simple Mexican Chilli Con Carne.
You can have Easy and Simple Mexican Chilli Con Carne using 21 ingredients and 12 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Easy and Simple Mexican Chilli Con Carne
- Prepare 150 grams of dried Kintoki beans (or red kidney beans).
- Prepare 350 grams of Minced beef and pork blend.
- It’s 1 of ○ Onions (minced).
- Prepare 1 of ○ Carrot (finely chopped).
- Prepare 2 of ○ Celery (finely chopped).
- It’s 1 clove of ○ Garlic (finely chopped).
- It’s 2 tbsp of Olive oil (for frying).
- You need 5 tbsp of White wine.
- You need 3 tbsp of Plain flour.
- It’s 200 ml of ☆ Soaking water from the rehydrated red kidney beans.
- Prepare 1 of tin ☆ Tinned tomatoes.
- Prepare 3 tbsp of ☆ Chilli powder.
- You need 1 tsp of ☆ Curry powder.
- Prepare 1 of ☆ Soup stock cube.
- It’s 2 tbsp of ☆ Ketchup.
- It’s 1 tbsp of ☆ Japanese Worcestershire-style sauce.
- It’s 1 tsp of + 1/2 teaspoon ☆ Salt.
- You need 1 of ☆ Bay leaf.
- It’s 1 dash of ☆ Nutmeg.
- Prepare 1 of as required Chilli powder, Tabasco (to adjust the hotness).
- It’s 1 of as required Seasoned coarsely ground black pepper.
Easy and Simple Mexican Chilli Con Carne instructions
- Rinse and clean the dried kintoki or red kidney beans. Measure 150 g to obtain 400 g of cooked beans..
- Soak the beans in bowl of water. Cover with cling film and refrigerate overnight..
- After soaking it overnight, the skin of the beans shouldn't be wrinkled..
- Place the beans and soaking liquid into a pot. Cover and bring to the boil. Turn the heat to low and cook over 20 minutes. Turn the heat off and let stand for 15 minutes..
- Check that the beans are soft and plump. Do not overcook. Reserve the cooking liquid as it is to be used later..
- Chop the ○ vegetables finely..
- Heat olive oil in a pot and add the Step 6 vegetables and minced beef and pork mix. Fry and season lightly with salt and pepper..
- Once the meat turns brown, add the white wine and continue to cook..
- Add the flour and fry quickly..
- Add all the ☆ ingredients and red kidney beans. Bring back to the boil over a medium heat and turn the heat to very low. Cook for 30 minutes. Stir occasionally as the bottom of the pot may burn. Turn off the heat and let stand for 20 minutes..
- Season with salt and pepper. If you want to make it spicy hot, add chilli powder or Tabasco. Sprinkle on the parsley..
- In Mexico, they use red kidney beans, which are similar to kintoki beans found in Japan. You can use either soy beans or mixed beans..