Everyone's Favorite Chili Con Carne.
You can have Everyone's Favorite Chili Con Carne using 20 ingredients and 11 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Everyone's Favorite Chili Con Carne
- It’s 750 grams of Pork (chicken or beef are fine too) or ground meat.
- Prepare 1 of Onion.
- It’s 1 tbsp of Oil – vegetable or olive.
- You need of * For the marinade (not needed if you're using ground meat).
- It’s 1 tbsp of *Olive oil.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of *Salt – rock salt etc..
- It’s 1/3 tsp of *White pepper.
- It’s 1 dash of *Chilli powder.
- It’s 1 dash of *Garlic powder.
- It’s 1 dash of *Cumin powder.
- You need 2 tbsp of Chili powder.
- You need 400 grams of Canned tomatoes.
- It’s 1 tsp of Cumin seeds.
- Prepare 1 tsp of Oregano.
- It’s 1/2 of to 1 teaspoon Salt.
- It’s 1 clove of Garlic.
- You need 200 grams of Dried beans – kidney beans etc..
- You need 1 tsp of Soup stock granules.
- You need 1 of If the sauce is too thick – water.
- It’s 1 of Sour cream or drained yogurt.
Everyone's Favorite Chili Con Carne instructions
- Soak the kidney beans in water overnight. Cook them the next day in a pressure cooker (or a regular pan). Drain..
- Marinate the pork (or chicken or beef) in the * ingredients for about an hour to let the meat soaks up the flavors..
- Heat up the oil in a frying pan, and sauté the chili powder over low heat. When it starts to smell nice, add the finely chopped onion and sauté, being careful not to let it burn..
- Add the finely chopped garlic, canned tomatoes, cumin, oregano and soup stock granules, and simmer uncovered over low heat for 30 minutes. Sauté the pork in a separate pan, and drain off any excess fat..
- Taste the sauce before adding salt. Add the pork and beans, and simmer uncovered over low heat for an hour. Done..
- Serve with tortilla chips, rice, guacamole, bean paste, lettuce, corn, tomato salsa, fresh coriander, cheese, sour cream etc..
- Refer tofor the bean paste. https://cookpad.com/us/recipes/153692-mexican-style-tortillas-and-bean-dip.
- If you're using ground meat (no marinating needed): In Step 3, after sautéing the spices and onion, add the ground meat and proceed to Step 4. This version of chili is done in about 20 minutes..
- Turn any leftover chili con carne into moussaka with eggplants and potatoes! Kechauru suggested this. I want to try it myself..
- I made the chili with ground beef here. The plate in the photo has guacamole and tomato salsa served in a homemade tortilla chip cup on the right, and a baked potato on the left..
- Turn leftover chili con carne into chili-bean toast! Top with cheese, and bake in the oven until it melts. Delicious..